The Red Lake Indian Reservation is located in northern Minnesota. With the Department of Natural Resources, the Red
Lake Air Quality Program works to protect and improve the air quality of the Red Lake Nation through both indoor and
outdoor air projects.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Air Quality Internship

Kayln working with air sampling equipment in Ponemah

The Red Lake Air Quality Program partnered with the Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP) this summer to make a Short Term Internship available.  Kayln was selected for the position and has been participating in Red Lake Department of Natural Resources projects such as air sampling and equipment setup, home assessments, mapping, well testing and septic pumping.

Kayln said of her experience: 

This is the best experience I have had working and I truly enjoy the job as well as the people I worked with.  I have learned so much from this experience and I am very determined to pursue a career here after I am finished with my four year degree.

As her internship comes to a close, we would like to thank Kayln for all of her hard work - Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment